Then there is the matter of pickles. I will not name names when I say that the same woman who is the reason I to this day cannot and will not eat a pickle on a McDonald's burger has my daughter addicted to gherkins. Gracie has been known to hang off of the refrigerator door handles declaring, "MOMMA, PIIIIICKLE." Rob and I have literally sprinted past and/or spun the cart in frantic circles in the pickle section at the local supermarket to distract our child's attention. We know there are PLENTY of pickles at home. Yet, she does not comprehend that at this point in time.
Last, but not least, the BAWOOOONS. The bawooons are a major part of Gracie's day. She looks for hot air balloons in the sky. She wants to see them on the computer. The local phone book is also very popular. Why? Because it has several hot air balloons on its cover. Every time we are in the car I hear, "MOOOOM, I see bawoooon." Sometimes they're there, other times she's a very imaginative child. Then there are those strategically placed "bawooons" right beside the check out lane at the supermarket. I could have cared less in the past that they were there. Now, as my child screams, "BAWOON, MOM, BAWOOOOON," I smile and nod at the other customers who LOVE to point out that I have a very lively or energetic or enthusiastic or you get the point child.
It is soooo amusing to me to see Gracie's emerging personality. Thought you might get a giggle too!
2 comments:
Mission accomplished !!!
What a great photo!
Post a Comment